We want everyone who visits the Workhorse Marketing website to feel welcome and find the content they are looking for without barriers.
What are we doing?
To help us make the Workhorse website accessible to everyone, we’ve been using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and user friendly for everyone.
The guidelines have three levels of accessibility (A, AA and AAA). We’ve chosen Level AA as the target for the Workhorse website.
To meet WCAG 2.1 AA criteria, some, but not all, of the activities we do include:
- Quarterly review all content and code on the site for accessibility using the following tools:
- WebAIM WAVE – Respected accessibility tool
- SortSite – Site quality scraper with WCAG criteria checker
- Sim Daltonism – Checks content for usability issues related to color blindness
- Colour Contrast Analyser (CCA) – Contrast checker
- NVDA – Most popular Windows screen reader
- VoiceOver – MacOS native screen reader
- Review all content before it’s posted to the website
- Ensure all images have appropriate alternative (alt) text if they are not decorative
- Respect operating system preferences to reduce motion by disabling all animations using the prefers-reduced-motion media feature
- Allow users to pause auto-playing videos
- Ensure fast page loading for users with low bandwidth
How are we doing?
We’ve worked hard on the Workhorse website and believe we’ve achieved our goal of Level AA accessibility. We monitor the website regularly to maintain this, but if you do find any problems, please get in touch.
Let us know what you think
If you had trouble with any part of the website or have any other comments, please get in touch. We’d like to hear from you in any of the following ways:
- Call us at 1-512-910-7017
- Send an email through our contact form